The Creative Communications Intern will help tell survivors’ stories in engaging, inspiring and informative ways to various audiences through various formats. The intern will primarily be a multimedia storyteller but will provide administrative support for SOAR as needed.
A successful intern will have excellent writing skills along with abilities in photography and/or videography.
The Creative Communications Intern should be self-motivated, creative, and able to work in collaboration with staff and SOAR members to capture SOAR members’ voices and experiences, bringing their stories and advocacy efforts to life, through photos, videos, written narratives, and other multimedia.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Updating the SOAR website
- Contributing to social media
- Establishing blogging and vlogging practices
- Drafting and distributing internal e-newsletters
- Supporting various outreach and research activities
- Event planning, including support of SOAR’s nationally-recognized, award-winning original play Behind Closed Doors
The intern will attend evening SOAR meetings that occur once a month, usually on the first Monday of each month. The intern will also help facilitate SOAR members’ subcommittees.
A successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, the ability to uphold confidentiality standards, and a professional and positive demeanor.