To end domestic violence, we need you! There are many ways you can support the work.
Here are just a few:
- Sign up for our e-newsletters to stay in the know about events and other activities.
- Attend a training to learn about domestic violence and related topics. Knowledge is the first step in being able to help others and create change.
- Like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter to stay informed. Share or retweet our posts to show your support and help educate people in our communities.
- Support your local domestic violence agency in your city or town. Volunteer, make a financial contribution, or help promote their mission, initiatives, and events. Find the name and phone number for your local domestic violence agency by clicking here.
- Educate yourself, your friends, and your family about the warning signs of domestic violence. Tell them that domestic violence is not a private matter or relationship problem. It is a crime and a community health epidemic. Encourage them to talk to anyone whom they suspect may be in an abusive relationship.
- Support the RICADV's legislative agenda to improve Rhode Island laws so that victims are protected and abusers held accountable. Add your voice in support through social media and by contacting your local legislators. Call the RICADV at 401-467-9940 for more information about how to get involved.
- Register to vote. Learn about candidates' policy positions, and support those who are strong on domestic violence issues.
These are just some of the ways you can help end domestic violence.
For more steps you can take, head over to the Bystander Action section of our website.