Rhode Island Emergency Shelter & Housing
For more information about domestic violence shelter and housing in Rhode Island, please call the statewide Helpline (800-494-8100) or contact a RICADV member agency:
- Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center, 401-723-3057
- Domestic Violence Resource Center of South County, 401-782-3990
- Elizabeth Buffum Chace Center, 401-738-1700
- Women's Resource Center, 401-846-5263
- Crossroads Rhode Island, Domestic Violence Program, 401-861-2760
Additional shelter and housing assistance can be found through Sojourner House, 401-765-3232.
Crime Victim Compensation
The Crime Victim Compensation Program reimburses victims of domestic violence who need to relocate. The program can reimburse up to $5,000 for relocation expenses.
Please visit the Crime Victim Compensation Program webpage to learn more about who qualifies for the program and to obtain an application.
If you are worried that your pets may be in danger if you leave them at home while you seek emergency shelter, there are a few programs that may be able to help.
Ask the staff at the shelter where you're planning to stay if the Pet Safe or Red Rover programs are available options. Both programs require shelter staff to submit the applications for safety reasons.